train是什么意思 train在线翻译 train什么意思 train的意思 train的翻译 train的解释 train的发音 train的同义词 train的反义词 train的例句
名词火车; 行列; 一凤凰联盟登录列相关的事情; 拖裾
动词凤凰联盟登录训练; 培养; 教育; 凤凰联盟登录整
1. The firm trained its employees to be more efficient.
2. She was trained for nursing.
1. He is training for the ministry.
1. The telephone rang and interrupted my train of thought.
B：Does that mean you’re not (going to take/ taking/ going to ride/ riding) the train to work anymore?
B：Let the people (off/ get off/ disembark from) the train before you get on.
A：I see, that makes more sense, doesn’t it?
A：Good! There’s the information desk. How do we get to the 70 th Street, please?
B：The Northern Line is what you want.
A：How much is it?
B：It’s two yuan.
A：Which way do we go for the Northern Line?
B：Just go through the No.8 ticket-barrier over there. A train will be in directly.
凤凰联盟登录 从8 号检票口往前走，车马上就进站。
A：I appreciate it. Thank you.
B：That’s all right.
A train is a number of carriages, cars, or trucks which are all connected together and which are pulled by an engine along a railway. Trains carry people and goods from one place to another.
e.g. The train pulled into a station...
e.g. We can catch the early morning train...
A train of凤凰联盟登录 vehicles, people, or animals is a long line of them travelling slowly in the same direction.
e.g. In the old days this used to be done with a baggage train of camels.
e.g. ...a long train of oil tankers.
A train of thought or a train of events is a connected sequence, in which each thought or event seems to occur naturally or logically as a result of the previous one.
e.g. He lost his train of thought for a moment, then recovered it...
e.g. Giles set in motion a train of events which would culminate in tragedy.
The train凤凰联盟登录 of a woman's formal dress or wedding dress is the long part at the back of it which flows along the floor behind her.
If a process or event is in train or has been set in train, it is happening or starting to happen.
e.g. In a moment the ceremony was in train…
e.g. He praised the economic reforms set in train by the government.
If something brings problems or difficulties in its train凤凰联盟登录, the problems or difficulties occur as a natural or logical result of it.
e.g. The cars have brought in their train a host of other problems.
If someone trains you to do something, they teach you the skills that you need in order to do it. If you train to do something, you learn the skills that you need in order to do it.
e.g. The US was ready to train its troops to participate...
e.g. Stavros was training to be a priest...
Mr. Koutab is an American-trained lawyer.
…French-trained Indian troops.
...a book for both teachers and teacher trainers.
To train凤凰联盟登录 a natural quality or talent that someone has, for example their voice or musical ability, means to help them to develop it.
e.g. I see my degree as something which will train my mind and improve my chances of getting a job...
e.g. Some children come to school with more finely trained perceptual skills than others.
If you train for a physical activity such as a race or if someone trains you for it, you prepare for it by doing particular physical exercises.
e.g. Strachan is training for the new season...
e.g. He has spent a year training crews for next month's round the world race.
She went to the gym with her trainer.
If an animal or bird is trained to凤凰联盟登录 do particular things, it is taught to do them, for example in order to be able to work for someone or to be a good pet.
e.g. Sniffer dogs could be trained to track them down.
e.g. ...a man who trained hundreds of dogs...
The horse made a winning start for his new trainer.
If you train something such as a gun, a camera, or a light on a person or thing, you aim it at them and keep it towards them.
e.g. She trained her binoculars on the horizon...
e.g. Police cameras had been specifically trained on that area.
If you train凤凰联盟登录 a tree, bush, or plant in a particular direction, you tie it and cut it so that it grows in that direction.
e.g. Instead of training the shoots up the fence, lay them flat in both directions alongside it...
e.g. You could even put a trellis on your walls and train plants to grow up it.
7. see also: training
1. wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed
e.g. 凤凰联盟登录the fool got his tie caught in the geartrain
2. public transport provided by a line of railway cars coupled together and drawn by a locomotive
e.g. 凤凰联盟登录express trains don't stop at Princeton Junction
Synonym: railroad train
3. piece of cloth forming the long back section of a gown that is drawn along the floor
e.g. the bride's train was carried by her two young nephews
4. a series of consequences wrought by an event
e.g. it led to a train of disasters
5. a procession (of wagons or mules or camels) traveling together in single file
e.g. we were part of a caravan of almost a thousand camels
they joined the wagon train for safety
6. a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding
e.g. a string of islands
train of mourners
a train凤凰联盟登录 of thought
1. exercise in order to prepare for an event or competition
e.g. She is training for the Olympics
2. undergo training or instruction in preparation for a particular role, function, or profession
e.g. She is training to be a teacher
凤凰联盟登录 He trained as a legal aid
3. create by training and teaching
e.g. The old master is training world-class violinists
we develop the leaders for the future
4. teach and supervise (someone)
act as a trainer or coach (to), as in sports
e.g. He is training our Olympic team
She is coaching the crew
5. point or cause to go (blows, weapons, or objects such as photographic equipment) towards
e.g. Please don't aim at your little brother!
He trained his gun on the burglar
Don't train your camera on the women
凤凰联盟登录 Take a swipe at one's opponent
6. drag loosely along a surface
allow to sweep the ground
e.g. The toddler was trailing his pants
凤凰联盟登录 She trained her long scarf behind her
7. travel by rail or train
e.g. They railed from Rome to Venice
凤凰联盟登录 She trained to Hamburg
8. educate for a future role or function
e.g. He is grooming his son to become his successor
The prince was prepared to become King one day
They trained him to be a warrior
9. teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment
e.g. Cultivate your musical taste
Train your tastebuds
凤凰联盟登录 She is well schooled in poetry
10. cause to grow in a certain way by tying and pruning it
e.g. 凤凰联盟登录train the vine
11. develop (children's) behavior by instruction and practice
especially to teach self-control
e.g. Parents must discipline their children
凤凰联盟登录 Is this dog trained?
- 考试英语单词大全 (7本教材) 大学英语2011考研英语核心英语 大学英语考研英语大纲词汇英语 大学英语考博英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语凤凰联盟登录人高考专升本英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语MPA英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语MBA联考英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语BEC商务英语
- 出国英语单词大全 (5本教材) 凤凰联盟登录人英语雅思英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语托福英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语GRE英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语GMAT800分凤凰联盟登录考英语 凤凰联盟登录人英语托业英语
- 大学英语单词大全 (13本教材) 大学英语四级英语 大学英语六级英语 大学英语专业四级英语 大学英语专业八级英语 大学英语PETS凤凰联盟登录共英语一级大纲英语 大学英语PETS凤凰联盟登录共英语二级大纲英语 大学英语PETS凤凰联盟登录共英语三级大纲英语 大学英语PETS凤凰联盟登录共英语四级大纲英语 大学英语PETS凤凰联盟登录共英语五级大纲英语 新概念英语第一册英语 新概念英语第二册英语 新概念英语第三册英语 新概念英语第四册英语
- 高凤凰联盟登录英语单词大全 (6本教材) 人教版高一英语 人教版高二英语 人教版高凤凰联盟登录英语 上海版牛津高凤凰联盟登录英语 苏教版译林牛津高凤凰联盟登录英语 高考高频词汇高凤凰联盟登录英语高考拓展英语
- 初凤凰联盟登录英语单词大全 (13本教材) 人教版初一英语 人教版初二英语 人教版初三英语 苏教版译林牛津初凤凰联盟登录英语 广凤凰联盟登录版初凤凰联盟登录英语七年级英语 广凤凰联盟登录版初凤凰联盟登录英语八年级英语 广凤凰联盟登录版初凤凰联盟登录英语九年级英语 上海版牛津初凤凰联盟登录英语 北京版初凤凰联盟登录英语 考试英语初凤凰联盟登录英语凤凰联盟登录考英语 仁爱版初凤凰联盟登录英语七年级英语 仁爱版初凤凰联盟登录英语八年级英语 仁爱版初凤凰联盟登录英语九年级英语
- 小学英语单词大全 (33本教材) 人教版小学英语三年级英语 人教版小学英语四年级英语 人教版小学英语五年级英语 人教版小学英语六年级英语 苏教版译林牛津小学英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语预备级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语一级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语二级英语 剑桥少儿幼儿自学英语三级英语 广凤凰联盟登录版小学英语三年级英语 广凤凰联盟登录版小学英语四年级英语 广凤凰联盟登录版小学英语五年级英语 广凤凰联盟登录版小学英语六年级英语 北师大版小学英语一年级英语 北师大版小学英语二年级英语 北师大版小学英语三年级英语 北师大版小学英语四年级英语 北师大版小学英语五年级英语 北师大版小学英语六年级英语 外研版新标准(三年级起)小学英语 外研版新标准(一年级起)小学英语 上海版牛津小学英语 新起点小学英语一年级英语 新起点小学英语二年级英语 新起点小学英语三年级英语 新起点小学英语四年级英语 新起点小学英语五年级英语 新起点小学英语六年级英语 深圳版小学英语 新版小学英语三年级英语 新版小学英语四年级英语 新版小学英语五年级英语 新版小学英语六年级英语